Drum Lesson Information
What can you expect at your Drum Lesson?
There are a few lesson options, depending on your needs:
Each student is personally communicated with to help develop correct technique and to motivate, mold and help in developing their own style through nurturing, creativity and musicianship.
I am 100% committed in shaping, creating and improving drum education to the highest level at JC’s Drum School.
When leaving your drum lesson at JC's Drum School you will be inspired and feel motivated to achieve your goals.
- Rudiments and reading
- All styles of music including, Rock/Funk, Jazz/Swing/Dixieland, New Orleans, Hip Hop, Reggae, Afro Cuban, Brazilian, R&B/Motown, Latin and World Music
- Learn how to play in time & keep a steady beat which leads to the development of your time feel (Groove)
- Fills, Improvisation, Soloing & Phrasing
- Independence & Coordination
- Odd time signatures
- Orchestral and Rudimental Snare Drum Solos
- Practice & play along with educational tracks as well as your favorite music of all styles and genre’s
- Learn how to perform with others on stage
- Learn the history of the drum-set and study the master drummers through recording, literature and video analysis.
- Song form and structure
- Ear training and music theory
- Preparations for NYSSMA, All-County, Area All-State, All-State, Scholarship College Auditions.
- Occasional Drum Clinics with some of the world’s elite drummers (Ignacio Berroa, Adam Nussbaum, John Riley, Bernard Purdie)
- Yearly recitals for those interested